Yukon Summer Music Camp classes are held each year at Yukon College and Yukon Arts Centre
Hey Music Campers! It is strange times indeed this year, but we are not letting something like a global pandemic stop us from having a great, fun, SAFE, Yukon Summer Music Camp!
In order to make sure that everyone not only feels safe but is safe, we have put the following protocols in place for Camp 2020.
- You don’t feel well? - Cough, sniffles, been out of Territory (BC is OK) or around folks who have? STAY HOME! Your teacher will also be monitoring your health (looking for sniffles and coughs), and you will have to leave the class if we suspect you are ill.
- Classes are small this year - Depending on the age of participants and the size of the space, some classes will have only 3 students and a teacher. There are NO large group classes - choir, pop orchestra, etc.
- Distancing - We will have spots on the floor where you can stand or sit - and constant reminders to keep your distance from other campers (while remaining friendly and courteous of course)!
- Timing - classes are 55 minutes long and there is a 15-minute break between each class to allow for sanitizing, so please exit your classes in a timely fashion so we don’t fall behind.
- Sanitizing! - All classrooms and instruments will be wiped down before and between sessions.
- Hand washing - Wash your hands before each class (and during if needed). Hand sanitizer will be available in every classroom.
- Zoom classes - Will allow instructors from afar to join us virtually.
- Singing classes - We are only offering master classes this year - with a maximum of 4 participants, an instructor, and accompanist. Each participant will get their own mic cover.
- Instruments - All participants will bring their own instruments - no rentals this year (with the exception of drum kit, piano and rock band classes).
- Saturday concert - There is no final Saturday concert (sadly) but if we are able, we will put together a video of all the awesomeness that happened during the week!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Kat and Sophia at email@example.com and we will respond promptly.